Favourite photo of the moment

Favourite photo of the moment
Love this modern concept of the classic portrait

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

coke fest

Went to coke fest which is the biggest musical festival here in SA but this year they changed the name to coke zero fest and I must say they defiantly ran in to more troubles then years before. Firstly the choice of bands was not as exciting as previous years the line up that was suppose to perfom were:
International Bands:
Oasis (not as great as I thought one or 2 great songs but they seemed very cold and didn't interact with the crowd at all)
Panic at the disco (suprised me the most they started off not so great but the end shout was amazing)
Snow patrol (the best band by far just amazing)
Bullet for my valentine (didn't even show up something about needing to finish their album shame on them)
Red jumpsuit apparatus (Another no show)
SA bands:
Dirty Skirts ( fabulous my favourite sa band )
Zebra and giraffe (Also great the SA bands really stepped up)
Cassette (they were very good as well had the only female muscial on whole tour)
Foto Na Dans (not so great acutally horrible but they started the show off so yeah)
Aking (disappointing really not anything exciting)
With all the changes at the last minute even venues changing did bring a lot of doubt whether this year would meet the expectations of previous years. I must say it wasn't as great as last year or the year before but what made this year special was the fact that I had golden circle tickets. I was in the front roww all day seeing every band from a very up close view. It is a very different vibe in golden circle even though they cost 600 bucks well worth even cent. Hopefully 2010 will be amazing. I must say the venue in cape town was beautiful in the middle of a wine farm surrounded by mountains and absolute great weather. Things that were new and improved the food court and seated areas were better organised although I didn't get the oppurtunity to use them. There was guatuir hero and playstaion three and a massive jack daniels truck but I spent all day on the front line keeping our spot but I think that is the point of festival to listen to the music not play foose ball and playstation those things you can do any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment